10 Traits & qualities of mentally strong people
During this time of social isolation, now more than ever it is important to remain mentally strong. This can be hard particularly if you live by yourself, however this is a good time to re-evaluate what is important to your well-being. Take stock of your core values and what you want to attain. Here are a few tips to help achieve this whilst in lockdown.
1. Embrace change. Welcome challenges.
2. Enjoy time alone. Do not fear being alone.
3. Stay happy. Do not complain.
4. Do not waste energy on things you cannot control.
5. Expend mental energy wisely. Do not spend time on unproductive thoughts.
6. Invest energy in the present. Do not dwell on the past.
7. Evaluate your core beliefs and modify as needed.
8. Think productively. Replace negative thoughts with productive thoughts.
9. Tolerated discomfort. Accept your feelings without being controlled by them.
10. Reflect on your progress every day. Take time to consider what you have achieved and where you are going.
One of the ways to achieve some of these traits is by mindfulness and meditation. Taking time for yourself for at least 10mins – 20 mins per day is important for well-being. This will help you to be more productive and creative. If you find it difficult to sit quietly, you could try something like yoga which encourages a mindful form of exercise. Also, journal or write your thoughts down at the end of each day and think of three Gratitude’s. This helps to focus on the positive rather than the negative.