A warm bowl of soup to keep ‘The Beast’ from the door
With winter making a late appearance it is hard to think about stepping outdoors to train in this cold weather. However, the benefit of training outdoors is fresh oxygenated blood in your system which helps to improve cognitive function, fitness and well-being.
A good reward when you have braved the cold is a nice hot bowl of soup. Using organic ingredients helps improve the nutritional benefit and it tastes better too.
Here is a simple recipe that I use on a regular basis.
Sweet Potato winter warmer
· 2 sweet potatoes
· 3 carrots
· 4 sticks of celery
· 1 large onion
· Half a scotch bonnet pepper
· 1 tablespoon of bouillon
· 4 black peppercorns
· 1 oz of butter or coconut oil
· 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
· 2 cloves of garlic
1. Chop onion and fry in butter or coconut oil
2. Add 2 pints of water with bouillon
3. Chop sweet potato, carrots, celery and add to water bringing to the boil
4. Add the rest of the ingredients
5. Simmer for at least 30mins or until mixture is thickened.
NB you can vary ingredients according to your preference.
copyright © 2018 Hamilton Holistic Ltd